Sunday, August 07, 2005

Whisky Rebellion Opera

No, I don't know what Glen's up to. I'll bet he's having more fun than blogging can afford, though! And, no, I don't have a really good excuse for not picking up the slack. I've been spending a lot of time with my family, but that's not unusual. There's been no swell for quite a while, so I've not been surfing very much. Let's blame the painting class, which proved a lot of fun but rather time consuming. I'll offer a picture of the results, later.

For now, I can at least offer this fun tidbit: Richard D. Fuerle's opera about the Whiskey Rebellion, Rebellion! He offers both commentary and the music itself. I'd rate his opera as very good for a self-proclaimed amateur composer. I like, too, that he leavens his account with a fair amount of humor.

While you're at it, check out Richard's interesting home page, where he offers some of his writings on libertarian theory, his inventions, and some poetry. A friend of liberty who dabbles in political and ethical theory, the fine arts, and invention? Sounds like a fellow traveler, to me.

No comments: