Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Speaking of Error Correction . . . .

I've often chided USN&WR for not correcting errors in its rankings. I've tried not to judge it too harshly for suffering errors in the first place, though. We all make mistakes. I do, anyhow.

Case in point: my prior post confused Ohio Northern University School of Law with Florida International University School of Law. Both had shown much higher Emp9 figures in the U.S. News & World Report's law school rankings than the American Bar Association's data could support, and neither had responded to my email inquiries about that puzzling fact. But that's no excuse for having mixed the two schools up.

I apologize for my error, thank ONU's Assistant Dean for Administration & Student Services, Mindi Wells, for bringing it to my attention, and have corrected the original post. (See, USN&WR? That wasn't so tough.)

[Crossposted to MoneyLaw.]

No comments: