Thursday, November 18, 2004

Self-Promotion: Rational-Choice Hermeneutics

My article on “Rational-Choice Hermeneutics,” co-authored with Roger Koppl and published in the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, is now available online. I like this article a lot, and not just because I like all my articles (I don’t), but because writing it actually helped me to clarify my own thinking on a variety of matters. The paper is a combination of history of thought, social-science methodology, and basketball; for those uninterested in history of thought, you can safely skip to section 4. But the earlier sections should be of greatest interest to members of the Ludwig von Mises Fan Club (“We Love Mises to Pieces!”), of whom I suspect a few may read this blog.

(If the linked version of the article requires a subscription, you can find an earlier version here.)

No comments: