Monday, November 22, 2004

Official Libertarian Status

I'm currently at the Southern Economic Association conference in New Orleans. I know there are other academic bloggers who blog profusely during these things, but not me -- I'm too busy meeting, greeting, and drinking. Oh, and also attending presentations and stuff. But I did want to blog this little item, because it made me laugh. In response to slightly heretical article by Nick Gillespie (editor of Reason magazine), Matt Yglesias says:
If Nick Gillespie continues writing things like this, they may need to take his libertarian card away.
To which Will Wilkinson replies:
Matt's statism apparently goes so deep that he conceives even libertarianism in terms of licensure.
I think a libertarian card wouldn't get you much grease anyway. Nothing like a Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy card.

No comments: