Monday, March 29, 2004

The Two Things about the Two Things

A couple of months ago, I blogged about the two things. Lots of people commented, and others replied on their own blogs. As a result, I now know…
The Two Things about the Two Things:
1. People love to play the Two Things game, but they rarely agree about what the Two Things are.
2. That goes double for anyone who works with computers.
Why do people love to play the Two Things game? I suspect it's because two is a welcome change from the hackneyed three. Three leaves room for fluff, while two forces you to give a lean and mean summary of what's really important, without the padding. And why do computer people love the game even more? On that one, I'm unsure. It could be the result of the inherent bias of having asked the question on the web. Or it could be the whole binary thing, though no one went so far as to call their list the "10" Things.

I have now created a Two Things webpage, which includes all the Two Things entries I’ve found thus far. Please feel free to send me more, and I’ll update the list periodically.

(In the earlier blog post, I promised to post only the best entries. But there was lots of disagreement, especially for anything computer-related, so I decided to just post them all and let the reader decide.)

No comments: