Tuesday, March 07, 2006

In-four-mation

Steve has tagged me with the “Meme of Fours.” Since I didn’t want to put my whole response on the main page, this seemed like an ideal time to learn the Blogger hack for creating below-the-fold posts.

But one comment above the fold. A problem with these blog memes is they seem to have near-perfect copying fidelity. But as any student of evolution knows, you need mutation or variation to get the evolutionary process rolling. I have therefore taken the liberty of altering the meme.

Read more...

Four jobs I’ve had:

1. General-purpose flunky at Cookie, Co. (a Mrs. Field’s competitor)
2. Law library book shelver
3. Concierge in an office building
3. College professor

Four movies I can watch over and over:

1. Election
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. The Matrix

Four places I’ve lived:

1. Houston
2. Washington, D.C.
3. New York City
4. Los Angeles

Four TV shows I love:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Firefly
3. Deadwood
4. Survivor

Four highly regarded and recommended TV shows I haven’t seen (much of):

1. The West Wing
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. The Family Guy
4. The Wire

Four places I’ve vacationed:

1. Cancun, Mexico
2. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3. Western U.S. (road trip to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc.)
4. Western Europe (whirlwind tour, big disaster)

Four of my favorite dishes:

1. Curly fries with ranch dressing
2. Mexican steak and eggs
3. Lamb saag
4. Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey

Four sites I visit daily:

1. This one
2. The Agitator
3. Marginal Revolution
4. The Volokh Conspiracy

Four places I’d rather be right now:

1. Playing pool in a seedy bar
2. Playing blackjack in Vegas
2. Sleeping in my own bed
4. Relaxing on a Caribbean beach

Four albums I can't live without:

1. Sting, Mercury Falling
2. Enya, Watermark
3. Garbage, Version 2.0
4. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP

Four mistakes of English usage that irritate me:

1. Confusing “its” and “it’s”
2. Writing “are” instead of “our” (you’d be surprised how common this is)
3. Using “flaunt” instead of “flout” (e.g., “flaunting the authorities”)
4. Writing “could of” instead of “could’ve” or “could have”

Four new bloggers I’m tagging:

See, now this is the part I have a problem with. I don’t want to tag people who think this is silly, but if there are people out there who want to be tagged, I wouldn’t want to make them feel unwelcome. I’ll just go with four people whose answers I’d be curious to read: Julian, Amy, Tom, and DGM. But hey, if you want in, consider yourself invited.

1 comment:

j892fhfha98 said...

Make an effort to watch The Wire. It's worth it.