Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Self-Promotion

I have an op-ed in the East Bay Business Times (free registration required), discussing state bans on direct shipping of wine to consumers. I'm not sure if it's okay for me to post it here as well, so you'll have to follow the link.

I see that some mild editing has been done, but nothing too serious. I do have one concern about my own claims: I used the phrase "Sonoma Valley chardonnay" without actually checking to make sure they make chardonnay in Sonoma Valley. For all I know, they only make cabernets there. But hey, I'm an economist, not a sommelier.
 
UPDATE:  The piece has been picked up by the Tri-Valley Herald and the Argus.  Cool!  Also, Jason kindly informs me (in the comments) that I'm safe on the Sonoma Valley chardonnay issue.

No comments: