Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Jack Frost Roasting on an Open Fire

This is the informal poll that I've been giving to all my friends, and that I'm now opening to the public: What is the best Christmas song of all time, and what is the worst Christmas song of all time? I'm accepting nominations in two categories - classic and modern, where modern includes recent covers of old carols. (For the mathematically challenged, that's a total of four songs: best classic, worst classic, best modern, and worst modern.)

I'm not going to draw a sharp line between classic and modern, because I don't know enough about when most of these songs were written anyway. Just specify which category you're nominating each song for. (Kind of like the Oscars: there's no threshold amount of screen time that distinguishes Actors from Supporting Actors. It's just a matter of how they get nominated.)

Send me an email (link to the right) with your nominations. I'll publish the results here in, oh, a week or two. I'll hold a run-off if the numbers justify one. I have my own nominees, of course, but I wouldn't want to bias the results...

No comments: